Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.2

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Thu Feb 28 21:02:59 EST 2013

Damien Miller wrote:
>OpenSSH 6.2 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
>on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release contains
>some substantial new features and a number of bugfixes.
[...]
>$ ./configure && make tests

On Ubuntu raring with Linux 3.8-rc6 and OpenSSL 1.0.1c, this builds fine
but I get this test failure:

  run test connect-privsep.sh ...
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  WARNING: ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  WARNING: ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt '' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt '' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'A' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'A' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'F' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'F' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'G' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'G' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'H' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'H' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'J' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'J' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'P' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'P' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'R' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'R' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'S' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'S' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'X' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'X' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt 'Z' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt 'Z' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt '<' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt '<' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 mopt '>' failed
  Connection closed by UNKNOWN
  ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 mopt '>' failed
  failed proxy connect with privsep

Advice welcome on how to debug this.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]