Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.2

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Feb 28 23:37:06 EST 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Colin Watson wrote:

> Damien Miller wrote:
> >OpenSSH 6.2 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> >on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release contains
> >some substantial new features and a number of bugfixes.
> [...]
> >$ ./configure && make tests
>
> On Ubuntu raring with Linux 3.8-rc6 and OpenSSL 1.0.1c, this builds fine
> but I get this test failure:
>
>   run test connect-privsep.sh ...
>   Connection closed by UNKNOWN
>   WARNING: ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 failed
>   Connection closed by UNKNOWN
>   WARNING: ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 failed

Please rerun the failed test with:

make tests LTESTS=connect-privsep TEST_SSH_LOGFILE=/tmp/regress.log

If /tmp/regress.log doesn't shed any light, then edit regress/test-exec.sh
to change the sshd_config LogLevel to debug3 and/or follow the instructions
at the top of sandbox-seccomp-filter.c to enable sandbox debugging.

-d