Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.3

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 30 08:25:56 EST 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 22:35:25 -0500, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 6.3 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release contains
> some substantial new features and a number of bugfixes.

All tests passed with the 20130730 snapshot on the following platforms:

	RHEL 6.4/x86_64 OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips
	RHEL 6.4/x86_64 OpenSSL 1.0.1e
	SLES 11 SP1/x86_64 OpenSSL 1.0.1c
	OS X 10.8.4 OpenSSL 0.9.8x

For completeness, I should note that I encountered a hang in try-ciphers
on OS X when attempting to build against OpenSSL 1.0.1e. I'm assuming
that this is an issue with my build environment, but haven't looked at
it closely yet.

The support for additional build hardening options which Darren
suggested earlier this year seems to be missing. Is this an oversight or
simply that there wan't enough testing and feedback in the meantime?

I expect it is too late to include the build modifications into this
release, but it would be nice to see them in the next one.

--
Iain Morgan