PTY allocation?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Jun 5 04:13:48 EST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Scott Neugroschl <scott_n at xypro.com> wrote:
> Attempts to connect to that sshd via sftp are failing due to an
> inability to allocate a pty.   I can't really see a reason that an sftp
> session requires a pty.

me either.

> Is this addressed in later versions?

Requesting a tty is a function of the client, not the server.

> Should I patch my system to avoid even trying to allocate a pty for an sftp session?

maybe.  which client software are you using?  OpenSSH has the
RequestTTY option, but it looks like the default of "auto" doesn't
request one with sftp sessions.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.