Question about ClientAliveCountMax

Jan Pechanec jan.pechanec at oracle.com
Fri Nov 8 05:28:11 EST 2013

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013, Vincenzo Romano wrote:

>2013/11/7 Jan Pechanec <jan.pechanec at oracle.com>:
>> On Thu, 7 Nov 2013, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all.
>>>What is the expected/intended semantics of setting ClientAliveCountMax
>>>to 0 and ClientAliveInterval to non-zero?
>>
>>         I believe it should work as an idle timeout from the server side
>> to disconnect idle clients.  J.
>
>I think you misunderstood me.

	I didn't, you asked what would happen and I told you.  I take it
you haven't try that.

        /* timeout, check to see how many we have had */
        if (packet_inc_alive_timeouts() > options.client_alive_count_max) {
                logit("Timeout, client not responding.");
                cleanup_exit(255);
        }

--
Jan Pechanec <jan.pechanec at oracle.com>