Question about ClientAliveCountMax

Vincenzo Romano vincenzo.romano at notorand.it
Fri Nov 8 07:03:59 EST 2013

2013/11/7 Jan Pechanec <jan.pechanec at oracle.com>:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2013, Vincenzo Romano wrote:

>>>         I believe it should work as an idle timeout from the server side
>>> to disconnect idle clients.  J.
>>
>>I think you misunderstood me.
>
>         I didn't, you asked what would happen and I told you.  I take it
> you haven't try that.
>
>         /* timeout, check to see how many we have had */
>         if (packet_inc_alive_timeouts() > options.client_alive_count_max) {
>                 logit("Timeout, client not responding.");
>                 cleanup_exit(255);
>         }
>
>>ClientAliveCountMax is a counter. ClientAliveInterval is a timeout interval.

With ClientAliveCountMax == 0 there will be no "client alive packet"
sent and I will force a disconnection if there is no traffic within
ClientAliveInterval secs.

With ClientAliveCountMax == 1 there will be 1 "client alive packet"
sent and I will force a disconnection if there is no traffic and no
reply within 2*ClientAliveInterval secs.

Is this correct?
Sorry for asking silly questions and abusing your patience!