AIX SFTP with chroot : conection closed without error message

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Apr 1 14:55:10 EST 2014

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Thierry CHARLES wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I could not find any other ideas to understand what is happening. Is there a
> way to display the reason of the disconnection ?

> > debug2: subsystem request for sftp by user cpdp
> > debug1: subsystem: cannot stat /usr/local/ssh/libexec/sftp-server: No such
> > file or directory
> > debug1: subsystem: exec() /usr/local/ssh/libexec/sftp-server
> > Starting session: forced-command (config) 'internal-sftp' for cpdp from
> > 10.1.0.161 port 54046

> > debug1: Received SIGCHLD.
> > debug1: session_by_pid: pid 71070
> > debug1: session_exit_message: session 0 channel 0 pid 71070

So, sshd is sucessfully establishing the connection but the internal
sftp server is stopping without producing any output.

Adding some debug flags to your sshd_config Subsystem declaration might
elicit a little more information, e.g.

Subsystem      sftp    internal-sftp -l debug3

You could also try "ssh -p 2222 user at host" and seeing it produces any
unexpected output.

-d