AIX SFTP with chroot : conection closed without error message

Thierry CHARLES t.charles at infass.com
Tue Apr 1 18:50:48 EST 2014

I didn't know that I can have different logging level in the sftp
process. thanks for the tip

I have tried and there is some information : sftp cannot allocate a tty !

The logs :

Starting session: forced-command (config) 'internal-sftp' on pts/11 for
cpdp from 10.1.0.161 port 50336
debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug3: packet_set_tos: set IP_TOS 0x10
debug2: channel 0: rfd 9 isatty
debug2: fd 9 setting O_NONBLOCK
/dev/pts/11: No such file or directory
debug3: fd 7 is O_NONBLOCK
open /dev/tty failed - could not set controlling tty: No such file or
directory

looks like it requires having a duplicate environment inside the chroot :-(

Is there a way to avoid /dev duplication ?
If not, does anyone know how to do it ?

Thanks,
Thierry

*Thierry CHARLES*