raw 6.6p1 versus "ports" openssl 1.0.1g on FreeBSD

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Apr 15 23:51:12 EST 2014

Eric Dynamic <ecsd at transbay.net> writes:
> Ok, that fixed the syntax error, but now I am getting this failure:
> This is after I re-downloaded FreeBSD's ports tree [...]

First of all, as previously mentioned, heartbleed does not affect
OpenSSH, so there is no need to recompile.

Second, if you're on FreeBSD, why not install OpenSSH from ports?

Third, I assume the reason why you're trying to compile OpenSSH 6.6p1
manually is that you're running a FreeBSD version that has an older
OpenSSH version.  You'll be happy to hear that stable/9, stable/10 and
head all have 6.6p1 now.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no