AuthorizedKeysCommand size issue?

Yves Dorfsman yves at zioup.com
Wed Apr 16 02:59:31 EST 2014

On 2014-04-15 10:49, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:

> `man 1 curl'
>
>         --compressed
>                (HTTP) Request a compressed response using one of the algorithms
>                curl supports, and save  the  uncompressed  document.   If  this
>                option  is  used  and  the server sends an unsupported encoding,
>                curl will report an error.

Same error without the --compressed. I originally was compressing the pub keys
and was using the apropriate Content-Encoding, which by the way is working
with shorter list of keys, but quickly dropped that in order to debug.

>>> Or even 'echo "$(curl ...)"'
>> Can you completely prevent echo from interpreting $ sign?
>
> What do you mean?  "$(curl ...)" will first get expanded (curl command
> executed) and stdout from curl will be echoed.

I cannot guarantee that the keys don't include something that looks like an
environment variable which echo will expand.

--
Yves.