Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.5

Tom G. Christensen tgc at jupiterrise.com
Tue Jan 28 00:36:44 EST 2014

On 27/01/14 11:23, Darren Tucker wrote:

>>> I think Darren was looking at something related to the C99 int types
>>> last week.
>>
>> Should have been fixed by
>> https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git/commit/defines.h?id=355f861022be7b23d3009fae8f3c9f6f7fc685f7
>> and
>
> the second one should have been
> https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git/commit/defines.h?id=acad351a5b1c37de9130c9c1710445cc45a7f6b9
>
> anyway, I dug out my old sparc and I was able to reproduce that error
> message with the tree before those commits and build successfully with
> the most current one, so I'm pretty sure this has been fixed.

As I stated in the original mail, testing was done with gitrev 603b8f4
which is well after those changes.

What old Solaris is missing is u_intXX_t, however IRIX 5.3 has both
u_intXX_t (defined in <sys/types.h>) and uintXX_t (defined in <inttypes.h>).
Unfortunately those headers cannot be included at the same time when
using the SGI compiler.

So this is the real problem:
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for uintXX_t types in inttypes.h... yes

It should not be looking for uintXX_t in inttypes.h if the header is
unuseable (ie. ac_cv_header_inttypes_h=no).

Also even if inttypes.h is available and defines uintXX_t, the source
does not seem to make consistent use of it (only used in roaming_*.c).

I modified configure.ac to skip the check for uintXX_t in inttypes.h and
now it works with the SGI compiler.
There's an unrelated include issue which prevents a complete build but
the original problem is gone.

-tgc