-h, --help option

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Jun 25 02:24:00 EST 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Enough work? Is the main problem in that ssh option parsing code doesn't
> support long options and doing this in C in cross-platform manner doesn't
> worth the development time?

Long options are a non-standard GNU extension.  OpenSSH aims to be a POSIX
program.  See
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/getopt.html and
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap12.html#tag_12_02
.

> Maybe the problem is that people are not interested to do this work,
> because it simply doesn't affect them?

 More like people disagree with you that it should be done.

from upthread:

Try http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ssh&sektion=1

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)