Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.6

Kevin Brott kevin.brott at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 07:50:40 EST 2014

So - trying to build openssh-SNAP-20140307.tar.gz on RHEL 4 (SP8) x86_64
and I'm hitting a wall in 'make tests':

ok connection multiplexing
run test reexec.sh ...
test config passing
reexec tests: proto 1
reexec tests: proto 2
test reexec fallback
FATAL: no sshd running on port 4242
gmake[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/ssh/openssh/regress'
gmake: *** [tests] Error 2

None of the regress/failed*.logs tell me anything more than there's no sshd
running on port 4242.

i.e. failed-sshd.log:
trace: wait for sshd
Received signal 15; terminating.
debug3: channel 0: will not send data after close
debug2: channel 0: rcvd close
Received disconnect from 127.0.0.1: 11: disconnected by user
debug1: do_cleanup
FATAL: no sshd running on port 4242

trace: wait for sshd
Received signal 15; terminating.
debug3: channel 0: will not send data after close
debug2: channel 0: rcvd close
Received disconnect from 127.0.0.1: 11: disconnected by user
debug1: do_cleanup
FATAL: no sshd running on port 4242
FAIL: no sshd running on port 4242

I thought it might be memory - but bumping it up  in the VM doesn't change
anything and it doesn't seem to be selinux, or any open port conflicts
(some of my favourite stumbling blocks).

The weirder thing is that I got this to work in the i386 test box just
fine. Thoughts?