Tera Term, Unexpected SSH2 message(80) on current stage(6) [was Re: SAP-2015-3-1 issues]

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Thu Apr 9 15:54:21 AEST 2015

I agree it is hostkey rotation, as described in the change notes for
version 6.8 of SSH.

I ran into the same thing with Anzio, our own terminal emulator (SSH
client). We also have a fix available, but not packaged into an installer.

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Darren Tucker wrote:
>
>> Any idea what the message is?  It'd be nice if the client showed the whole
>> packet, but failing that you could build a server with "./configure
>> --with-cflags=-DPACKET_DEBUG" then pick the packet out of the server-side
>> debug logs.
>
> It's almost certainly the recently-added hostkeys at openssh.com hostkey
> rotation extension.
>
> -d

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
  company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
             fax: (US) 503-624-0760
             web: http://www.anzio.com
  street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                  10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                  Portland, OR  97223  USA