Tera Term, Unexpected SSH2 message(80) on current stage(6) [was Re: SAP-2015-3-1 issues]

Bryan Drewery bryan at shatow.net
Fri Apr 10 00:57:50 AEST 2015

On 4/8/2015 11:22 PM, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Darren Tucker wrote:
>
>> Any idea what the message is?  It'd be nice if the client showed the whole
>> packet, but failing that you could build a server with "./configure
>> --with-cflags=-DPACKET_DEBUG" then pick the packet out of the server-side
>> debug logs.
>
> It's almost certainly the recently-added hostkeys at openssh.com hostkey
> rotation extension.

Yup. My patch disables for TTSSH*. Given the client has a fix they need
to release, I don't think it is critical to add support into OpenSSH for
working around it. Unless more clients show the issue then I think it,
or changes to the hostkey support, should be considered.

Either way I provided a patch if anyone else wants to workaround it for now.

Regards,
Bryan Drewery