[Compile Issue] netcat.c on HP NonStop

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Tue Apr 14 07:28:58 AEST 2015

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Randall S. Becker wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am porting the openssh-portable 6.8 release to the HP NonStop (NSE)
> platform. Prior versions were no real problem, with minor tweeks. However,
> with the inclusion of regress/netcat.c, which depends on arpa/telnet.h, we
> have an issue. Unfortunately, the platform does not have this file, nor
> anything like it - telnet is done rather differently.

See if you can find the include file that has the telnet protocol
defines WILL, WONT, DO, DONT, and IAC. Then we should be able to come
up with a patch.

> We do have a version
> of netcat (0.7.1 a.k.a. "really old") ported. Is there a reasonably
> documentable way to configure the regression tests so that this dependency
> is either not executed or uses an installed version?

netcat is now included because of all the issues with various versions
out there. Let's get the included version of netcat workign on your platform.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents
tim at multitalents.net