[Compile Issue] netcat.c on HP NonStop

Randall S. Becker rsbecker at nexbridge.com
Tue Apr 14 05:34:26 AEST 2015

Greetings,

I am porting the openssh-portable 6.8 release to the HP NonStop (NSE)
platform. Prior versions were no real problem, with minor tweeks. However,
with the inclusion of regress/netcat.c, which depends on arpa/telnet.h, we
have an issue. Unfortunately, the platform does not have this file, nor
anything like it - telnet is done rather differently. We do have a version
of netcat (0.7.1 a.k.a. "really old") ported. Is there a reasonably
documentable way to configure the regression tests so that this dependency
is either not executed or uses an installed version?

Cheers,
Randall

-- Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)/NonStop(211288444200000000)
-- In my real life, I talk too much.