no config.sub after 'make distclean' - FYI

aixtools aixtools at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 18:37:48 AEST 2015

FYI: About to leave on vacation, so no time to go deep. so sorry.

Downloaded openssh-7.0p1 and build using --without-openssl

First issue was:
  make install DESTDIR=/var/aixtools/openbsd/openssh/7.0.0.1601 >
.buildaix/install.out
Could not load host key: /var/openssh/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
Could not load host key: /var/openssh/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
Could not load host key: /var/openssh/etc/ssh_host_ed25519_key
Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.
make: 1254-005 Ignored error code 1 from last command.

I did not run make check; neither am I sure if this is a new "make
install" issue.
However, I recall "make check" would fail when these keys did not pre-exist.

Next:
after "make distclean" I get

root at x064:[/data/prj/openbsd/openssh/openssh-7.0p1]./configure
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... -qlanglvl=extc89
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

Again, all FYI. When I am back in September I will look more closely, if
still needed.