public API

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Thu Dec 3 20:17:16 AEDT 2015

    Hi everybody. First of all, I'm not subscribed to the list, so please
CC me in answers.

    Second, please don't kill me :)

    I'm suffering the fact that if I, as a developer, want to connect to
another machine via SSH, I must use a third party library[1]. Because
this is a reimplemetation of the protocol, it's always lagging behind,
which only makes sense. Personally, it also looks like a waste of
resources.

    This reimplementation comes, I think, from the fact that openssh does
not provide a library with a public API as an interface for developers.
So my question is: do you think it would make sense to provide such a
thing directly from the openssh project?

    Cheers,

	-- Marcos.

--
[1] Details here: http://www.grulic.org.ar/~mdione/glob/posts/can-I-haz-libfoo/