Fwd: sshd "getpeername failed: Transport endpoint is not connected" error

Andrey Klimentev andrei650816 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:43:23 AEDT 2015

Hello, everybody.

I've recently encountered a problem with OpenSSH server. Could you
help me to troubleshoot it?

I've configured 2 IP interfaces[1]: one with a public IP adress and
one with a private address. When I connect[2] through the public
interface (ens34), SSH works fine, but when I connect[3] through the
private interface (ens32), I receive a rather cryptic message on my
client - "ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by
peer". And this on my server - getpeername failed: Transport endpoint
is not connected".

I am using OpenSSH_7.1p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2e 3 Dec 2015. It is the latest
version available in Arch Linux repo.

--
[1] http://pastebin.com/8BF0N84t - interface conf and routing table
[2] http://pastebin.com/QptpeF7f - remote log and strace