ssh_config "database"/"sort"able format?

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:11:38 AEDT 2015

On Feb 18, 2015 2:53 PM, "Hendrik Visage" <hvjunk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Questions:
> - Is there anybody that see a value in a format/parser/matcher for
> ssh_config files to be able to merge/"diff"/sort these files?

I've started on a perl module to go through an ssh config and compile what
ssh should do for a given host (mainly to only ssh-add a key when a host is
configured to use it). I would prefer an abstract config backend though.

> - Any other ideas/solutions I could consider to manage these ssh_config
files?

You can make a compile script that takes ordered parts of a config and
builds an ssh_config and then you're only checking in and/or comparing
project specific bits.