which are the exact effects of MaxSessions

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Sat Feb 21 10:42:50 AEDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 08:09 +0100, Jakub Jelen wrote:
> According my observation, MaxSessions 1 works for opening only one
> session through multiplexed channel, which degrades multiplexed
> connection back to only one session.
Well one get's still a mux process and also the messages (when debugging
is on) on the "master sesssion" that others try to re-use it... but then
they're blocked.

> I don't know if you use openssh from some distribution
Debian.

> , but in RHEL we
> had recently one bug in audit which looks similar like your issue --
> with MaxSessions 1 sshd was preventing to log you in.
Well I don't really think I have any issues... I just wondered whether
there are any other side-effects than having influence on the channel
muxing ... perhaps something like "only accept 1 session from the same
IP, even when not muxing".

What is the issue you guys found?

Cheers,
Chris.