OpenSSH v6.7 & NumberOfPasswordPrompts Option ...

Trey Henefield trey.henefield at ultra-ats.com
Fri Jan 16 09:54:20 AEDT 2015

Yes, I have tried that option with no difference in behavior. It seems it ignores that option when provided. Just for reference, I am building it on RedHat 5. I have never had this issue on any previous version of OpenSSH. I use the default configuration with only the changes specified in the RHEL 5 STIG applied.

I appreciate the security advice. The root account was indicated simply as an anonymous indicator. I do have PermitRootLogin=no applied. But this same issue is present regardless of the account provided.

Best regards,

Trey Henefield, CISSP
Senior IAVA Engineer

Ultra Electronics