Participating in Win32 OpenSSH port

salvador fandino sfandino at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:58:59 AEST 2015

Dear Lee,

As part of the YAPC::Europe::2015 (the annual European conference about the
Perl language, http://act.yapc.eu/ye2015/), I am organizing a hackathon
around Perl and SSH.

This is going to be a small hackathon. No big fuss, just a small group of
very focused people working on the SSH modules we have for Perl. One of our
targets (and at least my personal main target) is improving things on
Windows, getting those modules to work there reliably.

So I would like to invite you and your team to join us as I think it would
really be an enrichment experience for both parties.

We would definitively appreciate having some real Windows experts with us
(no Perl knowledge required). And you would get to know people that had
already faced some of the problems you may be encountering now, related to
the integration of SSH inside a programming language, what users demand,
technical issues, what worked for us and what didn't, OpenSSH shortcomings,
etc.

The conference is in Granada, Spain, from September 2nd to 4th, hackhatons
are on the 5th, Saturday.

Besides the SSH side, let my add that the YAPCs are one of the more funny
conferences around for hackers (hackers in the good old sense). This year
is particular important for the Perl community as the first release of Perl
6 is expected, and it is going to be one of the main topics at the
conference with lots of talks about language design and implementation,
virtual machines, JITs, etc.

And well, I think that's all. Looking forward to hearing from you!