X11 forwarding not working.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun May 24 08:06:32 AEST 2015

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:56 AM, dE <de.techno at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a difficult time getting X11 forwarding to work.
>
> Since I've read the docs completely about this, this must be an SSH bug
> which is likely because I'm using Gentoo as the SSH server.

[...]

I suspect the problem is that you did not have xauth in your path when you
built OpenSSH and thus sshd does not know where to find it.  Try adding
"XAuthLocation /path/to/your/xauth" to your sshd_config and restart sshd.

If that doesn't help then please post the debug output from both client and
server (ie /path/to/sshd -ddd and ssh -vvv) and we might be able to figure
out what's going on.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.