Cannot get sftp transfers to log in the systemd journal

John da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 02:10:25 AEST 2016

I'd like to have sshd write entries into the systemd journal logging sftp transfers.  From googling, it seems that one needs to edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config adding this line:

Subsystem sftp  /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server -f AUTH -l VERBOSE

I can transfer files via filezilla (sftp) but I don't get anything in `journalctl -u sshd` that shows these transfers, just a few lines showing I connected.  What am I doing wrong?  I am using version 7.2p2 on Arch Linux.  Thanks in advance!