one host only: ssh_dispatch_run_fatal

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Nov 8 14:43:10 AEDT 2016

Darren Tucker <dtucker at zip.com.au> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> gv harry> ssh -vv 2x
>>
>> OpenSSH_7.3p1-hpn14v11, OpenSSL 1.0.2j  26 Sep 2016
>
> this is a third-party modified version of OpenSSH.  Can you reproduce
> the problem with a stock OpenSSH from the source from openssh.com?

Well, since I'm not on a BSD system... <on gentoo linux> and since the
instructions in the README file:

To extract and install this release on your OpenBSD system use:

      # cd /usr/src/usr.bin
      # tar xvfz .../openssh-x.y.tgz
      # cd ssh
      # make obj
      # make cleandir
      # make depend
      # make
      # make install
      # cp ssh_config sshd_config /etc/ssh

And since there appear to be no other helpful files... I guess mucking
around with it and pounding thru google for a hour or two are a little
above my paygrade... not to mention skill level.... I guess not.

What I am doing is backup down to version 7.2 and compiling on gentoo
system. ... will report back.

I can say that 3 Debian systems running verion 6.7 have no problem
connecting to that same host.