Unit test failure when configured using --with-ssl-dir

Peter P. p.pan48711 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 03:14:43 AEST 2016

Hi all,

I've configured and built OpenSSH 6.6p1 using a private install of OpenSSL
1.0.2h specified with --with-ssl-dir on a Centos 7.2 machine and when I run
make tests I encounter the following failure in the agent.sh test case:

run test agent.sh ...
ssh-add -l via agent fwd proto 1 failed (exit code 127)
/home/testuser/workspace/OpenSSH/platform/centos_7_x64/ssh: error
while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
agent fwd proto 1 failed (exit code 127)
ssh-add -l via agent fwd proto 2 failed (exit code 127)
/home/testuser/workspace/OpenSSH/platform/centos_7_x64/ssh: error
while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
agent fwd proto 2 failed (exit code 127)
failed simple agent test

Any ideas about what could be causing this failure? Is there an issue
about how the test shell scripts pass the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variables down to the wrapper shell scripts?

Thank you,

Peter