Unit test failure when configured using --with-ssl-dir

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 1 21:00:15 AEST 2016

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 3:14 AM, Peter P. <p.pan48711 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've configured and built OpenSSH 6.6p1 using a private install of OpenSSL
> 1.0.2h specified with --with-ssl-dir on a Centos 7.2 machine and when I run
> make tests I encounter the following failure in the agent.sh test case:
>
> run test agent.sh ...
> ssh-add -l via agent fwd proto 1 failed (exit code 127)
> /home/testuser/workspace/OpenSSH/platform/centos_7_x64/ssh: error
> while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared
[...]
> Any ideas about what could be causing this failure? Is there an issue
> about how the test shell scripts pass the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> environment variables down to the wrapper shell scripts?

ssh-agent is setgid and thus the runtime linker will ignore any
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the environment (doing otherwise would be a
security problem).  You need to add your new directory to
/etc/ld.so.conf (or maybe /etc/ld.so.conf.d/, depending on your
system) or use static linking.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)