proxy command in user's config

M.G. ogniemi-drbd at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 16:48:17 AEST 2016

hello,
OpenSSH_7.1p2, OpenSSL 1.0.1g 7 Apr 2014

in my ~/.ssh/config I have configured two Hosts:
Host gatehost
     ProxyCommand ssh -2 -i ~/.ssh/gkey -q -x user at jumphost -W %h:22

Host myhmc
     Hostname gatehost
     LocalForward 11443 the-hmc:443
     GatewayPorts yes

The first one works perfect (configured password less)
but when I want to user this Host in next Host myhmc config to establish tunnel through it, I get error:
$ ssh bruhmc
_ssh: Could not resolve hostname myhmc: Name or service not known
Why? As far as I remember it stopped working from some newer release of openssh. Could this functionality be "blocked" intentionally?
mark