Chanel never close

Luc Ferran cofdsi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:04:10 AEST 2016

Hi Guys,

First, thanks for your job with openssh !
My environnement is openssh 7.3 using cygwin installed on Windows 10.

With defferents clients, i'm able to connect to the serveur with:

ssh -p port -l user remoteip

In this situation I have a shell that I can use normally. Exiting the shell
shuts de channel normaly and I'm back to the local machine.

Now, if I use the following command :

ssh -p port -l user remoteip echo "ok"

Then ok is well writen, but never ends. With verbosity I have :

ok
debug2: tcpwinsz: 87380 for connection: 4
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype eow at openssh.com reply 0
debug2: channel 0: rcvd eow
debug2: channel 0: close_read
debug2: channel 0: input open -> closed
debug2: tcpwinsz: 87380 for connection: 4

And this never ends.

Using

ssh -p port -l user -t remoteip echo "ok"

It works. Unfortuneatly, when I try to use ssh with rsync,it doesn't work

rsync -e "ssh -t -l user -p port" ....

Is this a configuration error I've made ? Could it be a bug ?

Thanks for your answers

regards