Possible formatting bug in ssh-agent.1 man page

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Thu Sep 29 21:57:01 AEST 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 07:03:27PM +0200, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> However, i have seen at least one case where a senior developer
> of a major Linux distro insisted on installing man(7) rather than
> mdoc(7) versions even though the mdoc(7) versions are the master
> and the man(7) versions autogenerated from them:  Bdale Garbee
> when packaging sudo(8) for Debian.  I don't know why, though;
> preferring man(7) doesn't seem to make sense to me.  Also, it
> doesn't appear to be a strict policy there; on a Debian system
> i have access to, i see many mdoc(7) manuals in /usr/share/man/.

The Debian OpenSSH packages just install mdoc(7).  I have no idea why
Bdale did that; I would guess it to be a response to some particular
difficulty or other rather than a distribution policy, the latter of
which it certainly is not.

In any case, the current sudo packages in Debian unstable install
mdoc(7) pages.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]