PKCS#11 URIs in OpenSSH

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 22:26:44 AEST 2017

Hello all,
as PKCS#11 URI became standard (RFC 7512), it would be good to be able
to specify the keys using this notation in openssh.

So far I implemented the minimal subset of this standard allowing to
specify the URI for the ssh tool, in ssh_config and to work with
ssh-agent. It does not bring any new dependency, provides unit and
regress tests (while fixing agent-pkcs11 regress test).

The code is on github and ready for comments/reviews (some details will
need to be adjusted):

https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/compare/master...Jakuje:jjelen-pkcs11

I will fill a bugzilla later. I would be grateful for your ideas,
comments or reviews for this feature.

Other useful parts of RFC, that could be implemented would be a way to
provide a PIN or a PIN source for the token, other ways of providing
module-path (module-name).

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen