PKCS#11 URIs in OpenSSH

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Tue Apr 25 03:37:40 AEST 2017

PKCS11 URI support is a very good thing to add.

I’d like the PRs separated – e.g., one for PKCS11 URI, and one for ALWAYS_AUTHENTICATE.

—
Regards,
Uri

On 4/24/17, 8:26 AM, "openssh-unix-dev on behalf of Jakub Jelen" <openssh-unix-dev-bounces+uri=ll.mit.edu at mindrot.org on behalf of jjelen at redhat.com> wrote:

    Hello all,
    as PKCS#11 URI became standard (RFC 7512), it would be good to be able
    to specify the keys using this notation in openssh.

    So far I implemented the minimal subset of this standard allowing to
    specify the URI for the ssh tool, in ssh_config and to work with
    ssh-agent. It does not bring any new dependency, provides unit and
    regress tests (while fixing agent-pkcs11 regress test).

    The code is on github and ready for comments/reviews (some details will
    need to be adjusted):

    https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/compare/master...Jakuje:jjelen-pkcs11

    I will fill a bugzilla later. I would be grateful for your ideas,
    comments or reviews for this feature.

    Other useful parts of RFC, that could be implemented would be a way to
    provide a PIN or a PIN source for the token, other ways of providing
    module-path (module-name).

    Regards,
    --
    Jakub Jelen