Tag forwarded X11 connection as remote

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Sat Oct 7 01:01:01 AEDT 2017

Dear all,

This thread began before I was on the list. I am wondering if it is
relevant for my question re: why/how older versions of openssh
recognized the X11forwarding "attribute" - and a better place to be posting.

Using Putty (and an "external Xserver program") as well as a another
"ssh client with built-in X11 service) and any version of openSSH prior
to OpenSSH-7.2 the DISPLAY is automatically set to localhost:10.0 and
x11 apps (e.g., xclock) work. OpenSSH-7.2 through OpenSSH-7.6 do not
(changing the version of OpenSSH is the only change).

If this is not related to this thread - please disregard this comment
here. (I'll wait a day, and post again on my original thread).