Announce: OpenSSH 7.7 released

Randall S. Becker rsbecker at nexbridge.com
Fri Apr 6 01:36:07 AEST 2018

On April 2, 2018 8:16 PM, Damien Miller wrote:

> OpenSSH 7.7 has just been released. It will be available from the mirrors
> listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
>
> OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol 2.0 implementation and includes
> sftp client and server support.
>
> Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
> continued support of the project, especially those who contributed code or
> patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the project. More
> information on donations may be found at:
> http://www.openssh.com/donations.html

Sorry to report that I'm having difficulty building on NonStop (built from a
git clone at 2c71ca1). Configure is failing, run as:

configure --prefix=/usr/local --without-openssl-header-check
checking for sys/un.h... yes
checking compiler and flags for sanity... no
configure: error: *** compiler cannot create working executables, check
config.log ***

config.log shows a reasonable confdefs.h, but that is not written out to
disk anywhere. There is nothing informative between the confdefs.h content
in config.log and:

configure: exit 1

I'm a bit perplexed as we have not had any problems building/testing
openssh-portable on NonStop since 6.7. There are a few source modifications
to get things to build properly, but this is the first time configure has
failed for us. I don't see anything in configure.ac that could account for
this. The entire directory structure is owned by me.

Any pointers?
Thanks,
Randall

-- Brief whoami:
 NonStop developer since approximately 211288444200000000
 UNIX developer since approximately 421664400
-- In my real life, I talk too much.