Announce: OpenSSH 7.7 released

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Fri Apr 6 13:25:45 AEST 2018

On 6 April 2018 at 01:36, Randall S. Becker <rsbecker at nexbridge.com> wrote:
[...]
> Sorry to report that I'm having difficulty building on NonStop (built from a
> git clone at 2c71ca1). Configure is failing, run as:
>
> configure --prefix=/usr/local --without-openssl-header-check
> checking for sys/un.h... yes
> checking compiler and flags for sanity... no
> configure: error: *** compiler cannot create working executables, check
> config.log ***
>
> config.log shows a reasonable confdefs.h, but that is not written out to
> disk anywhere. There is nothing informative between the confdefs.h content
> in config.log and:
>
> configure: exit 1

The compiler output is before confdefs not after.

$  CFLAGS=--break-me ./configure

gives the following in config.log:

configure:2980: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3002: gcc --break-me   conftest.c  >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '--break-me'; did you
mean '--check-new'?
configure:3006: $? = 1
configure:3044: result: no
configure: failed program was:

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)