Partial install question

John Adams jxadams at ualr.edu
Wed Dec 5 08:38:43 AEDT 2018

Hi, folks,

     I've got an older server which can't be upgraded to a current OS for
$REASONS on which I need to update some or all of the openssh programs and
utilities, specifically sftp.

     My thought is to either install it in /usr/local (or
/usr/local/openssh) and have folks alter their paths, or build it there and
use symlinks (probably the better choice) into /usr/bin.

     I'm tempted, though, to just move /usr/bin/sftp and install that and
only that, if possible. Is it?

Thanks,

     John A

--
John Adams
Linux/Middleware Administrator  | Information Technology Services

Reminder:  IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts.  For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.