deprecated options in sshd_config

mlrx openssh-unix-dev at 18informatique.com
Fri Feb 23 21:46:31 AEDT 2018

Hello,

First, my apologies:
It's -practically- sure this ML is not the good place to, but I don't
find better for now.

I jumped from an OS to an other since few days. On the new one,
openssh comes in a much newer version (good thing): 7.6p1
sshd lets me know that there are two depreciated options:
- KeyRegenerationInterval
- UsePrivilegeSeparation

I search for a place where I can find information about deprecated
options and how to manage it.
The goal is to know if I need to replace or just erase these options.
I want to stay close to the art's state and have a good understanding
of changes.

I have setted sshd with a guideline now outdated :
https://www.ssi.gouv.fr/en/guide/openssh-secure-use-recommendations

Where I searched:
man sshd and sshd_config

https://www.openssh.com/releasenotes.html

   UsePrivilegeSeparation = 12 occurences - not usefull for me
   KeyRegenerationInterval = 0 ?
https://www.openssh.com/security.html
https://www.openssh.com/manual.html
duckduckgo is not really my friend this time…

Please, could somebody point me a path ?

Best regards and thanks for your amazing work.
--
benoist

--
benoist