deprecated options in sshd_config

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Fri Feb 23 22:42:51 AEDT 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:46:31AM +0100, mlrx wrote:
> I jumped from an OS to an other since few days. On the new one,
> openssh comes in a much newer version (good thing): 7.6p1
> sshd lets me know that there are two depreciated options:
> - KeyRegenerationInterval
> - UsePrivilegeSeparation
>
> I search for a place where I can find information about deprecated
> options and how to manage it.

I can't give you a general answer other than reading git history, but
regarding your specific options:

 * KeyRegenerationInterval was specific to SSH protocol 1, which you
   almost certainly weren't using and in any case is no longer supported
   in recent versions of OpenSSH.
 * sshd now always behaves as if "UsePrivilegeSeparation sandbox" had
   been set, and this is no longer configurable.

In both cases, you should just remove the options from sshd_config.5.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]