Legacy option for key length?

David Newall openssh at davidnewall.com
Tue Jan 2 16:33:34 AEDT 2018

On 02/01/18 03:29, Michael Ströder wrote:
> How high is the risk that this unmaintained device is added to
> yet-another-bot-net in the Internet-of-shitty-devices or is used to
> enter parts of your network.

I think that is what is called a straw-man argument.  If a device can be
compromised in the way you suggest, then I am sure it will be replaced,
but it will be replaced because it needs to be, not because its
management interface cannot be accessed via the latest openssh.
Disallowing use of openssh doesn't encourage people to throw away
expensive gear, it encourages them to throw away new versions of openssh.