SCP verbose output truncated

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Fri Mar 23 05:47:03 AEDT 2018

Fedora 27 x86_64. openssh-7.6p1-5.fc27.x86_64.

If I run a simple command like, "scp -v file target:", I get a new
prompt before all the output appears. Running interactively, I see all
that output, though some of it is after the prompt. But if I put this
command in a script, the output is truncated at the point where my
prompt would have appeared interactively. I see a message like, "Shared
connection to target closed."

I've tried putting the command in the background (&) and waiting for it,
using the LocalCommand option to add a wait, and redirecting output to a
file. So far I can't find a reliable way to get all the output when
running in a script. Any ideas?
--
	Dave Close