Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.7

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 04:37:24 AEDT 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 14:42 +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 7.7p1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate
> testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This is a bugfix
> release.

Thank you for the next pre-release.

I tested  openssh-SNAP-20180326.tar.gz  and noticed few things that
would be good to fix:

 * regress/localcomand.sh has still some rotten parts of SSHv1 protocol
(proto and $p variable), that would be nice to remove

 * The bug #2335 would be nice to fix finally -- I attached a patch for
rewritten API

 * The bug #2401 was ignored so long that it was finally fixed by some
of the other changes (I closed it).

 * For the sake of completeness, I would like to see fixed also a bug
#2835, which I filled last month. It looks like I am not the only one
who hit that issue.

I ran some of the tests and I see some failures, but I will have to
investigate them further and come back.

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen