About rsync over SSH and compression

Tim Broberg Tim.Broberg at servicenow.com
Wed Jun 26 02:32:47 AEST 2019

Those are all good points.

A few more to consider:
1 - You may want to exert more effort compressing your rsync traffic than you would want to apply across the board in ssh.
2 - You *know* rsync supports compression on both sides. You don't necessarily control what algorithms are turned on on both ends in ssh.

I think I would lean towards doing it in the application myself.
    - Tim.