Upgrade OpenSSH version to the latest stable version on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core).

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:42:17 AEDT 2020

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:08 PM Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core). Is there a way to
> upgrade OpenSSH version openssh-7.4p1-21.el7.x86_64 to the latest stable
> version openssh-server 8.4 using yum repositories or rpm binaries?

Not really, now. I took a shot at it starting with an openssh-8.1p1
building setup over at https://github.com/nkadel/openssh-8.1p1-srpm .
But there are too many library dependency updates to reasonably port
it to CentOS 7. Try CentOS 8 if you feel the need.