Upgrade OpenSSH version to the latest stable version on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core).

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Tue Dec 1 17:02:06 AEDT 2020

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 16:44, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Not really, now. I took a shot at it starting with an openssh-8.1p1
> building setup over at https://github.com/nkadel/openssh-8.1p1-srpm .
> But there are too many library dependency updates to reasonably port
> it to CentOS 7. Try CentOS 8 if you feel the need.

You can now build OpenSSH with few dependencies ("./configure
--without-openssl --without-zlib").
The down side is that you end up with limited crypto options (eg only
AES and chacha20 ciphers, only ed25519 keys) and no compression but it
should be otherwise fully functional.  Depending on your use case this
may or may not be useful.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)