Transferring files between servers on a private network?

Steve Dondley sdondley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 05:45:56 AEDT 2020

Ok, thanks for the insight.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid agent forwarding because of the advice I've
seen to avoid it, if possible. I'm trying to figure out what the best
practice might be so I wanted to see how this could be done in the most
secure manner possible.

Only other method I can think of is to have a third machine, machine C,
that is only available on the private network and contains the private key
for all the other machines. So I'd log into machine C via some bastion/jump
server. Machine C would hold the private the key used by machine B and
machine A and I could use it to transfer files between machines A and B.

--
Prometheus Labor Communications, Inc.
http://prometheuslabor.com

UnionConnect Phone App for Labor Unions