Support for macOS feth devices

Charles Celerier chcl at google.com
Thu Jul 16 08:07:10 AEST 2020

I was really asking if such a general API would be something the OpenSSH
developers would be willing to use to create an L2 tunnel on macOS. It
would be fruitless to make such a thing for use with OpenSSH only to find
out that OpenSSH is not willing to use it.

Calling a subprocess from ssh to use a tool that may or may not exist seems
a bit fragile to me, so I wasn't sure if something like that would be
supported by the OpenSSH maintainers.