Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.4

Randall S. Becker rsbecker at nexbridge.com
Mon Sep 21 08:18:29 AEST 2020

On September 20, 2020 5:25 PM, The Doctor wrote;
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 03:13:28PM -0400, Randall S. Becker wrote:
> > On September 20, 2020 2:02 AM, Damien Miller wrote:
> > > OpenSSH 8.4p1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate
> > > testing on as many platforms and systems as possible. This is a bugfix
> release.
> >
> > I will be testing this shortly on HPE NonStop platforms.
> >
> > Side question: We now have access to the hardware random generator and
> > can decouple for PRNGD. Any guidance on how to do that would be
> > appreciated. We would be happy to contribute the platform changes as
> > well associated with this and the port changes.
> >

> Is this suppose to be openssl 3.0 ready?

I am just finishing up the OpenSSL 3.0 port. I could test with it or 1.1.1.
Either way (or both).

Regards,
Randall

-- Brief whoami:
 NonStop developer since approximately 211288444200000000
 UNIX developer since approximately 421664400
-- In my real life, I talk too much.