SCP with Resume Feature

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Sat Apr 3 15:03:58 AEDT 2021

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021, Bob Proulx wrote:

> I would be inclined to act as a BOFH and replace scp with

I keep it… it’s useful to push to machines before they have rsync
(e.g. to push updated sources.list, keys, etc).

> a script wrapper that called rsync. "There! I deliverd an scp that
> handles resume. Problem solved."

Definitely! (Except… one point against rsync is its licence.)

I’ve named mine rcp though.

https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=shellsnippets/shellsnippets.git;a=blob;f=mksh/rcp;hb=HEAD

It does quite some things (e.g. -a --numeric-ids) by default
but parses options, to some degree, to disable them again if
needed. (Oh, I see I need to add the recent additions to usage…)

Enjoy,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/